From free, accurate valuations, to extensive property marketing campaigns, accompanied viewings and ensuring that clients are kept informed throughout conveyancing, here at Westcoast Properties we are dedicated to looking after your best interests and giving peace of mind when you need it most.
The sales team at Westcoast Properties begin with a positive approach. This, together with a professional manner and in-depth knowledge of the local property market, means that they are able to value, market and ultimately achieve a sale for vendors who enlist their services. We are proud members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) giving you complete peace of mind that you are dealing with a regulated agency.
By instructing Westcoast Properties to sell your property you will receive the following services:
- A free, thorough and accurate valuation
- A high quality visual representation of your property in the form of a brochure and floorplans
- A strategic marketing campaign which includes:
- high street exposure
- website advertising
- the featuring of your property on industry portals
- advertising in local media
- the promotion to potential purchasers who have already expressed an interest in a property of your type
- A highly-visible “For Sale” board
- Accompanied viewings arranged at your convenience and available six days a week
- Continuous communication and feedback until the sale is complete from your dedicated sales progressor.
- Let Westcoast Properties experience, expertise and service sell your home.
Westcoast Properties offers tenants and landlords a comprehensive range of services. We cover all aspects of the lettings process and are members of the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA). Landlords have the choice to opt for a Let Only schedule of services or a Full Property Management Scheme. Both include (amongst many other services):
- The extensive marketing and advertising of your property
- Accompanied viewings available six days a week
- Tenant selection and a stringent vetting procedure including full references taken
- Preparation of the tenancy agreement and related legal documentation
- Preparation of a professional inventory and schedule of condition
- All meters read and utility companies informed at the beginning of tenancy (where accessible)
- The collection of the first month’s rent and deposit in cleared funds from the tenant
- Assisting tenants with standing order forms for rental payments
- Deposit held in an audited client account and registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
- Comprehensive handover to the tenants at the commencement of the tenancy
- Sending copies of relevant documentation to landlords after the tenancy has commenced
Our full property management scheme also includes a free six month rent guarantee and legal expenses cover. (this applies to every new managed property received and on the first 6 month tenancy)
Landlords choose Westcoast Properties because we successfully manage over 800 properties from studio flats to country estates. Your property is in safe hands when managed by us.
All team members are trained in both sales and lettings so if you wish to let or rent a property in Portishead, Nailsea, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea or North Bristol please contact your local branch.
At Westcoast Properties our block management services offer assistance to clients in the smooth running of a block of residential units or larger property portfolios.
Within our general management services we:
- Offer general advice on the building and provide reports on current matters
- Attend and arrange meetings if required, such as AGM’s and take minutes accordingly
- Maintain property records
- Undertake property supervision, checking compliance with lease covenants and reporting on matters that require decisions and liaising with solicitors
- Undertake periodic property inspections and report on the state of repair, decoration and other relevant matters
- Take care of day-to-day maintenance matters including cleaning and redecoration of communal areas, garden maintenance and pay outgoings
- We can provide information on insurance please ask for details..
Enlist our support with rent collection, financial and accounting services and Westcoast will:
- Collect ground rents, service charges and other property income
- Liaise with clients and solicitors on rent arrears
- Manage funds in designated client accounts
- Identify and pay expenses incurred in respect of suppliers, insurers, contractors, staff and consultants
- Prepare quarterly income and expenditure reports.
We can also manage service charges by:
- Arranging and reviewing as necessary all contracts to fulfil the landlord’s obligations to tenants, legal and otherwise
- Appointing contractors and supervising them accordingly, on behalf of the landlord as required
- Appointing, on the landlord’s instructions, specialist consultants with regard to structural alterations, plant and machinery repairs or replacement
- Preparing annual budget costs and statements of income and expenditure for future periods
- Authorising invoices and payments of outgoings.
Our specialist suite of services and solutions can be tailored to meet clients’ exact requirements and we also specialise in corporate property management.
If you would like to discuss block management for property in Portishead, Nailsea, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea or North Bristol please contact your local branch.
When you have accepted an offer on your property you will need to instruct a property conveyancer to transfer the legal ownership from seller to buyer. Westcoast can:
- Introduce you to legal representation with whom we have good working relationships.
- Put you in touch with a traditional local solicitor or internet conveyancers according to your preference
- Communicate with your conveyancer throughout the process
- Ensure that you are kept informed at every stage
If you wish instruct a conveyancer in Portishead, Nailsea, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea or North Bristol please contact your local branch.
An auction is where a property is sold at a specific time and place to the highest bidder. Properties suitable for auction tend to be those that attract competition because of their uniqueness, location and attraction, or those with development opportunity, repossessions, tenanted properties, flats with short leases or those properties that need to be sold quickly. At Westcoast we:
- Work in partnership with an experienced auctioneer to advise whether your property is suitable for auction
- Talk you through the whole auction process
If you wish discuss auctioning a property in Portishead, Nailsea, Weston-Super-Mare, Burnham-on-Sea or North Bristol please contact your local branch.
Finding a Mortgage
We know that your needs are probably very different to other buyers so here at Westcoast Properties we will refer you to a mortgage adviser who will provide you with expert and friendly advice. So whether you’re a first time buyer or moving home, you can be assured of the best advice from them.
The mortgage adviser we introduce to you usually charge £399 for arranging a mortgage but the actual amount payable will depend upon your circumstances.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
As part of our service we will make referrals to other companies/services to assist in the selling, purchasing or rental management. We will provide a quote for such services/work from said companies and should you take up these services/work then as a result of our introduction we will receive a referral payment. Any quote provided is done without obligation and it is your decision whether to accept the quote or not.
Potential referral fees (inclusive of VAT) received are:
Sort Move – Conveyancing - £300
Head Projects – Survey – 10% of the invoice value
Various contractors - Lettings maintenance – 10% of the invoice value
Homelet – Insurance related products – 20% on new business and 10% on renewal business